5 minute Chocolate Mug Cake
• 4 tablespoons flour
• 5 tablespoons sugar
• 2 tablespoons cocoa
• 1/2 teaspoon coffee powder (optional)
• pinch of salt
• 1 egg
• 3 tablespoons milk
• 3 tablespoons oil
• 3 tablespoons chocolate chips or flakes plus 2 tablespoon extra
• A small splash of vanilla extract
• 2 microwave safe coffee mugs
1. This recipe makes two mug cakes and therefore is made in two separate mugs. You can mix the entire thing in the mugs and therefore avoid any extra dishes except for the egg which I whisk lightly in a bowl. Add dry ingredients to the mugs, and mix well ensuring the there is no flour stuck at the bottom.Mixing dry ingredients
Pour in the milk, oil, chocolate chips or flakes and vanilla extract and mix well. Whisk egg lightly in a bowl and pour half of the egg in each mug and mix well. Add the extra tablespoonful of chocolate chips or flakes on top of the batter. Cover with glad wrap.
3. Do one mug at a time. Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 1 minute on medium heat. Then microwave for another 30 seconds on medium heat. Check on the consistency-it should be cooked but still moist and gooey. If it is still not cooked, microwave on another 30 seconds on medium heat. Remember, it will cook further on standing.
Try it with a scoop of Ice Cream on the top - you won't regret it!