My ways - His ways

And my God shall supply all your needs. According to his riches and glory in Christ Jesus. phil 4:19.
IMG_1758

This was my verse yesterday morning - I read it through my bleary eyes while sitting on the couch with my baby girl who woke up very early with a sick tummy. 
It has been a couple of very challenging weeks. I’d love to be able to hit a life “pause” button, just for a day or two put everything on hold - get some sleep- and find some energy (other than what comes from my daily multiple coffee drinks) 
My poor children - yesterday they asked me “where are we going today?” and when I replied “nowhere, we are staying home today” they actually looked confused -”but we have to go somewhere......”      
welcome to crazy town ..... A. calls it “fun world town”.....  
IMG_1706

My van died. It was our “good car” even though it was 10 years old. It died on me in the middle of a country highway about 30 min. from my house. Totally unexpected - totally terrifying. My first thought was “God you have to help me - I have no idea what to do” The choice was glaringly obvious at the time. I can trust that God has this taken care of or I can completely loose it. Honestly I did some of both... while large trucks zoomed past me at 70+ miles an hour. I did do a lot of praying, thanking God for my cell phone and that the girls were safely with a friend. AND I did finally make it home and I didn’t have to walk, the car didn’t make it home until late that night. The HILARIOUS tow truck man reminded us that FORD stands for ...Found On Road Dead...
And my God shall supply all your needs - the next day my very generous in laws offered us the use of their car for a little while we look for something else. (So Thankful)
Last night I was telling Tim just how stressed I’ve been. It feels as though I can’t get ahead. I look forward to some “down time” and something comes up. It has been non stop for about 2 weeks. Then this morning I read this in my devotional (Jesus Calling by Sarah Young)
“ Come to me (God) with your plans held in abeyance.... The challenge continually before you is to trust Me and search for MY way though each day. Do not blindly follow your habitual route, or you will miss what I have prepared for you. As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts (IS 55:8-9)”
IMG_1742

I’ve been realising lately that my idea of God’s ways are off - God’s ways are not always “happy” or “simple” or “stress -free”. Sometimes they are more like - a broken car, or a week of little sleep, or a washing machine that leaks, or financial pressure or sickness. His ways are not to make my life easier , but to make it better and more dependant on Him for what I need.  Instead of getting mad at my circumstances and demanding that God “fix it”, I need to practice a more trusting relationship.    


No comments: